The accommodation is all on one level. There are four double bedrooms with two bathrooms. The kitchen is spacious and fitted with all modern conveniences including microwave oven, toaster, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer. The house has full central heating and hot water and the living room has an open hearth so that a welcoming fire can be stoked in more chilly seasons and is perfect at the end of an active day out on the hills.
This is an fantastic holiday location and the house is a great home from home with all modern amenities.
Achiltibuie and An Taigh Soluis are our second homes and we love them, so we would ask all our guests to treat the house as you would your own and to leave it as you find it. No smoking or dogs in the house please and we ask that you report any breakages to us on leaving, so that we may replace items for our own use or for our next guests.
Achiltibuie is a sparsely populated and remote crofting community and relies on fishing, crofting sheep and cattle, so please remember to close the few gates you find behind you and minimise your impact on this area which is located in a UNESCO Geopark and one of the last wild places in Europe. Local businesses are always pleased to welcome you, so see our links page and shop locally if you can. Please refer to our Contacts & Bookings page for costs, details and conditions of booking.
You can also pre-order provisions for your stay from the local shop
We can send you a useful information sheet upon booking which will provide you more information about things to do and what's on in and around Achiltibuie during your stay.
An Taigh Soluis is in the Scottish Gaelic language and means "The Lighthouse" .........It is pronounced "An T-Ye So-Lu-Is"
We have inherited the name and it sums up some of our feelings about this special place in the far northwest of the British Isles.................................
The 2011 epic film "The Eagle" starring Channing Tatum and Donald Sutherland is a historical drama set in the Roman Britain of AD140 and based on the 1954 novel "The Eagle of the Ninth" by Rosemary Sutcliffe was filmed on location in Achiltibuie....................
Despite the similarities, the remote Pagan Hebridean island of "Summer Isle" lorded over by a scary Lord Summerisle played by Christopher Lee in the cult Horror film "The Wicker Man" was not actually filmed here.............
The Summer Isles post office has produced their own stamps for deliveries between Tanera Mor and the mainland service here in Achiltibuie since 1970 and these are very collectable by philatelists.........................
Achiltibuie is a word in the Scottish Gaelic language and is pronounced Ach-ille-bhidhe/Ach-il-a-bhuidhe and locally this is believed to mean "Field of the golden haired boy", "Field of the yellow lad" or "Cave of the yellow lad", probably because the similarity of sound.
Holiday Home - Self
- 4 Bedrooms. Two bedrooms with Kingsize double beds, a twin bedded room with two single beds and one bedroom with a double bunk bed, sleeping a total of 8 and all are fitted with quality pocket sprung mattresses and quality bed linen.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave oven, toaster, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer and all you need to cook for 8 people.
- 2 bathrooms, one with a bath and one with a shower.
- Comfortable living room and dining room to seat 8 people.
- Secure store room for bicycles available on request.
- Full central heating & hot water with open fire and hearth.
- House fitted with Smoke and Co2 safety Alarms.
- Private driveway, with gated off-road car parking.
- Secure fenced garden.
call or e-mail us for booking, availability or to enquire
- Telephone: (0044) (0)774 7721635
- E-Mail us using the contact form below for booking or questions.
- Or Contact us on Facebook
- All inclusive heating and electricity for your stay.
- Towels and bedding for the booked party and cleaning at the end of your stay.
- Internet access Wi-Fi connection to the internet for your stay.
- Travel cot & high chair for our younger guests available on request.
- HD "Smart" Television with Freeview DVB.
- Blu-ray and DVD player.
- Hi-Fi music system.
- Wii Games console and games.
- Second Freeview DVB TV/DVD/CD player in the twin bedroom.
- Please refer to our Contacts & Bookings page for costs, details and conditions of booking.
find us on social media
An Taigh Soluis, ACHILTIBUIE, SCOTLAND
Holiday Home - Self Catering Accommodation rental
For booking details Contact us
PHOTO gallery OF THE ACCOMMODATION AT AN TAIGH SOLUIS
The house facilities, layout plan and the VIEWS FROM AND AROUND THE HOUSE
This is the layout plan of the house, click the picture to see a larger image.
There is plenty of space for the family, and seating and facilities for 8 people and provides a cosy and spacious base for activities in and around Coigach and the Scottish Western Highlands whatever the weather may be.
The rooms are all fully furnished with a solid oak furniture and quality bedding. There is a bathroom and a separate shower, so there won't be a queue for a shower at the end of the day.
This is the view from the living room one afternoon, looking across the Summer Isles towards Mellon Udrigle, with Lewis and the mountains of the Outer Hebrides in the distance.
We never get tired of looking outside at the ever changing colours and shades of this stunning landscape.